* – * – *
Before you blurt out YES or NO (or in some cases HELL NO), check out his flowchart of reflections to help you take a good solid account of your happiness and satusfaction in your current job.
Do you like your job?
Do you like what you do?
Reflection Questions: (Answer Yes, I’m Not Sure, or No)
- Am I my best self in this relationship?
- Do I believe in the product, organization, or service?
- How does this job make me feel? Good, Accomplished, Satisfied?
- Am I challenged to be my best?
- Am I growing and learning?
- Am I meeting or surrounding myself with good people doing interesting things?
- Are people in this organization open to new ideas and receptive to each other?
- Is this the best use of my skills and talents? Aka – Am I indispensible?
- Are there people I can learn from and look up to? Do I have good mentors or advisers?
- Do I want to become my boss?
If yes: (More than 5? Rock on! You nailed it!)
If I’m not sure or No: Ask the following follow up questions:
- Will this change?
- How long will this take to change?
- Is this non-negotiable?
- Is there somewhere else with more YES responses?