Motivate your team: Ten things to stop doing right away
- Stop lamenting about impediments, barriers, morons at the helm, lack of time and such other.
- Do not get hung up on details.
- Do not allow pessimists, doomsayers and curmudgeons near your team. They will suck the life out of you.
- Stop procrastination and don’t tell me you don’t have time to do this.
- Stop being in love with your methodology, processes and tools. Challenge them instead.
- Stop censoring ideas.
- Stop telling your people how to do their job. Instead, set expectations of results.
- If something is old or new, or fashionable does not make it right. Eschew fads.
- Stop punishing mistakes, unless they are a result of sloth or overt sloppiness.
- Stop limiting yourself with arbitrary timelines, goals and beliefs. Run through the finish line. Exceed your own expectations.
via Want to motivate your team? Here are 20 things to start doing now | TechRepublic.